I have a new tenant moving in to my property - what do I need to know and do?

If you're a landlord or letting agent and there's a change of tenancy, you can tell us about it online or over the phone.

Along with your contact details, we just need to know:

  • The date they stopped being responsible for the energy
  • A forwarding address for their final bill 
  • Their closing meter readings

And if you've moved a tenant in, we'll need to know:

  • Their name and contact details
  • The date they started being responsible for the energy
  • Their opening meter readings  

If there's a prepayment meter at the property, please call us. We'll need to know:

  • The current credit or debt on the meter -
  • The 'Meter Serial Number' - you'll find this on the front of your meter next to the barcode. It will look something like: X00L12345

And remember, the landlord is responsible for the energy bills while the property is vacant.

福建11选5计划 When you've got this information to hand, please call us we're here to help.

0800 316 8558 or 0330 100 8658
Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 6pm.

Call charge information
We may monitor and/or record calls for security, quality or training purposes. Calling us on an 0800 number should be free from all mobiles and generally free from all landlines. Calling us on a 0330 number will cost you no more than 01 or 02 numbers from landlines or mobiles. If you get 'inclusive minutes' with your package, calls to a 0330 number will be part of these"

Other questions we get asked